Sunday, November 2, 2008

week 005: a b & c

A:

I stopped to read this handwritten note a few days ago, and later returned to photograph the message. I'm always surprised when I encounter notes written to a specific, unknown person but presented to the general public. I like how this photo is reminiscent of Elisha Mustoe's Political Playing Cards but reveals just a little more about the sign/note poster.

B:

I thought that if an entire sitcom episode could revolve around the subject of poop, then I could certainly take a picture of it. I like this image for two reasons: 1. I've never taken a picture of poop before, and 2. it makes me think about the dog (presumably) that it belonged to and the owner who just left it there on the sidewalk. What could the circumstances have been to prompt this neglect?

C:

What is this lady looking at or for? I took this photo from inside Denver's 16th Street Free Mall Ride. I've always been kind of interested in photographing the things that I see on and from public transportation. In addition to the mini-narrative that was captured/created in this photo, it's the foggy view, created by an unintended camera flash, that attracts me to this image.

2 comments:

robert's windows said...

i like your images, but i never thought of poop as belonging to you after it exits your bowels.

Michelle Simon said...

that's why i specifically used the past tense "belonged."